Presentation of the Association
The Association was established in 1994 with the objective of opening access to the Stevenson trail and, along with its partners, contributing to the development of the territories it crosses with respect for natural and cultural heritage.
establishing a network of professionals under the "Relais Stevenson" label (accommodation, catering, restaurants, tour operators, donkey hire, transport services, cultural sites, guides and service providers) who work along or close to the Stevenson Trail, with a view to ensuring high quality services for walkers
- accompanying walkers in preparing their trip (provision of practical information)
- promoting the Stevenson trail (trade fairs, press conferences, documentation, web site…)
- promoting the Trail's natural and cultural heritage
- coordinating local projects and initiatives for the development of the trail
The Association today represents a network of over 125 professional members:
- accommodation providers
- hiking organisers / accompaniment
- taxis and baggage transporters
- donkey hire
- literary or hiking guides
- cultural sites
The Association, with cooperation from a number of institutional partners, has today made the Stevenson trail one of the best known hiking routes in France and one which serves as a veritable development tool for the territories concerned.